Press Brake Safeguarding Certificate
Are you properly safeguarding your press brakes?
In this one-day seminar, lessons are based on real-world shop applications and cover the risk assessment process, ANSI standards, OSHA requirements and application-specific safeguarding system selection. You’ll hear case studies of optimally safeguarded press brake systems and learn about current technologies that maximize compliance, safety, and productivity. Upon completion of the course and a passing score on the exam, you can earn an industry-recognized certificate.
- All levels of press brake operators or supervisors
- Owners, operators, managers, safety personnel, or anyone responsible for safety measures at their company
Class content includes:
- OSHA & ANSI (Brief Overview and History of OSHA and ANSI)
- Risk Assessment (OSHA Job hazard Analysis, ANSI B11.0 and B11.TR3, and risk assessment team)
- B11.3 Overview (Standard organization and effective dates, scope, definitions, control reliability, general requirements, and electrical requirements)
- Responsibilities & B11.3 Standard Compliances (Supplier responsibilities for the design and construction of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic brakes, modifier responsibilities for reconstruction and modification, personnel responsibilities, and user responsibilities for layout, installation, testing, setup, maintenance and operation)
- Press Brake Operation, Application & Uses (Small lots vs. large lots, bending, multiple bend parts, single bend parts, and multifunctioning tooling)
- Safeguarding & Training (Hazard identification, 1/4 stroke safeguarding, safe distance safeguarding, safe speed safeguarding, auxiliary safety aids, and training for operators, supervisors, and maintenance)
- Safety Devices (Types of guards, moveable barriers, pull-backs and restraints, two hand control devices, light curtains, and Close Proximity Point of Operation (AOPD) Devices)
- Press Brake Safeguarding Applied (Machine considerations, operator considerations, compliance considerations, and case studies)
About the Program
$295 FMA/TPA Members
The cost of the one-day course includes lunch; course materials including a copy of the ANSI B-11 2012 Standard and certificate testing at completion of course.
Register for Upcoming Courses
Onsite Press Brake Safeguarding Training!
Can’t afford to send your operators to one day of training off-site? We’ll bring the instructor and course to you! Schedule a customized on-site training in your shop, on your equipment with our expert instructors. We can even provide the assessment testing so your operators can earn the Press Brake Safeguarding Certificate.
Don’t miss this opportunity to train your entire team at once while we’re in your area. Reserve your training date now and save on instructor’s travel costs. Contact Customer Service at 888-394-4362 or email@example.com for details.