Precision Press Brake Certificate
Master the fundamentals of precision sheet metal bending with an understanding of the math, the equipment, and the tools of the trade!
This intensive two-day seminar will teach you the theory and math fundamentals behind the machine to uncover the secrets to working with press brakes. You’ll understand the principles behind quality sheet metal bending through interactive instruction and sample work problems throughout the course. Through easy-to-understand exercises, you will learn the skills needed to calculate accurate bend deductions, select the best tooling for the job, and determine the correct v-die opening to avoid part distortion. Our expert instructor will guide you through the fundamentals of press brake operation and you’ll gain knowledge in these basic concepts:
- related metal fabrication terminology
- blueprint interpretation
- different forming methods and how each relates to bend type
- proper use of hand tools
- inspection and quality practices
- maintaining a safe working environment
- Metal fabrication operators with at least 6 months experience
- New and minimally skilled press brake operators
- Experienced operators, engineers, designers, or programmers who want to improve their skills on the press brake
- Learn the math calculations for determining accurate bend deductions
- Select the proper forming method and tooling for the material and product
- Recognize industry terms and use a common language
- Earn an industry-recognized credential in precision press brake operation
PSMO Certification Renewal Credits = 16
Find Out if You Qualify
Prerequisites: You must pass an online pre-assessment quiz (20 questions) in order to register for the class.
About the Program
The cost includes lunch, course materials including terms, definitions and formulas, and certificate testing at completion of course.
Receive a copy of Metal Fabrication: A Practical Guide ($62.50 value).
Register for Upcoming Courses
May 15 - 16, 2017
St Charles Community College