ROCKFORD, Ill., March 15, 2013 – The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International (FMA) has announced the 2013 FMA/CNA Safety Award winners. Open to all FMA and Tube & Pipe International (TPA) company members, the program recognizes metal fabrication companies that have a commitment to excellence in safety. Award winners are determined by the FMA Safety Council and the awards are sponsored by CNA.
The 2013 Safety Award of Honor is presented to companies having perfect safety records – no recordable injuries or illnesses for calendar year 2012. One of this year’s honor winners, Main Steel Polishing Co., of Tinton Falls, N.J., has won for nine consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2013 Safety Award of Honor are:
- Arrow Sheet Metal Products, Co., Denver, Colo.
- Main Steel Polishing Co., Inc. – (Three facilities – Tinton Falls, N.J., Atlanta, Ga., and Riverside, Calif.)
- Mech-Tronics, Melrose Park, Ill.
- Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC, Versailles, Ky.
- Nova Group, Inc., Napa, Calif.
- Olympic Steel – (Two facilities – Gary, Ind. and Mt. Sterling, Ky.)
- Progressive Metal Manufacturing, Warren, Mich.
- Waukesha Metal Products, Grafton, Wis.
The 2013 Safety Award of Merit is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2012 that is better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate by 10 percent or greater, based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Of the merit winners, ADM Mechanical, JMC Steel Chicago-Structural, Olympic Steel-Bedford Heights, Ohio, and Tampa Tank-Florida Structural Steel have each won a safety award for four consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2013 Safety Award of Merit are:
- ADM Mechanical, Decatur, Ill.
- BTD Manufacturing, Detroit Lakes, Minn.
- Eberl Iron Works, Inc., Buffalo, N.Y.
- Feralloy Corporation, Huger, S.C.
- Formtek, Inc., Warrensville, Ohio
- Harco Metal Products, Valley Head, Ala.
- JMC Steel Group – (Nine facilities – Blytheville, Ark.; two locations in Thomasville, Ala.; two locations in Chicago, Ill.; Wheatland, Penn.; Harrow, Ont.; Niles, Ohio; and Plymouth, Mich.)
- Kastalon, Inc., Alsip, Ill.
- Main Steel Polishing Co., Inc., Harmony, Penn.
- McAlpin Industries, Rochester, N.Y.
- Olympic Steel – (Two facilities – Bedford Heights, Ohio and Detroit, Mich.)
- Overton Industries, Mooresville, Ind.
- Steel Warehouse – (Two facilities – Cleveland, Ohio and Memphis, Tenn.)
- Tampa Tank, Inc.-Florida Structural Steel, Tampa, Fla.
- The Dupps Company, Germantown, Ohio
- VALTIMET, Inc., Morristown, Tenn.
- Welfab, Inc., No. Billerica, Mass.
The 2013 Safety Award – Honorable Mention is presented to companies posting an injury and illness incidence rate for calendar year 2012 that is at least equal to but less than 10 percent better than the published Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) rate based on their North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code. Of the honorable mention winners, Anderson & Dahlen, Inc. has won a safety award for seven consecutive years, and GH Metal Solutions, Inc. has won a safety award for four consecutive years.
Companies receiving the 2013 Safety Award – Honorable Mention are:
- Anderson & Dahlen, Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
- GH Metal Solutions, Inc., Fort Payne, Ala.
- JMC Steel Group – (Two facilities – Cambridge, Ohio and Wheatland, Penn.)
- River Steel, Inc., West Salem, Wis.
- Southeastern Metal Products, LLC, Charlotte, N. C.
- Tube Hollows, International, Windham, Maine
- Timesavers, Inc., Maple Grove, Minn.
The 2013 Most Improved Safety Record was awarded to Timesavers, Inc., Maple Grove, Minn. for being the Safety Awards winner with the greatest percentage of improvement over the prior year.
“On behalf of the FMA, I congratulate the 2013 FMA/CNA Safety Award Winners,” said Edward Youdell, president and CEO of FMA. “This group of companies has distinguished themselves as best-in-class organizations that value delivering quality products through safe work practices. FMA, along with its business insurance provider CNA, are proud to recognize these manufacturers for their commitment to safety. “
To be eligible to receive recognition, companies were required to submit OSHA Form 300A, Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, for the period Jan. 1, 2012 through Dec. 31, 2012. Firms of all sizes were eligible. Winners were determined based on NAICS code categories and BLS injury and illness incidence rates.
The awards will be presented at a recognition dinner at the Annual FMA Safety Conference, which will be held April 24-25 in Nashville, Tenn. at the Sheraton Music City Hotel. For more information on the awards program, the Safety Conference, or FMA membership, please visit fmanet.org or call 888-394-4362.
Based in Rockford, Ill., FMA is a professional organization with nearly 2,300 members working together to improve the metal fabricating and forming industry. Founded in 1970, FMA brings metal fabricators and fabricating equipment manufacturers together through technology councils, educational programs, networking events, and the FABTECH® trade show. FMA also has two technology affiliates, the Tube & Pipe Association, International (TPA), which focuses on the unique needs of companies engaged in tube and pipe producing and fabricating; and Green Manufacturer Network, a professional organization of individual members dedicated to working toward environmentally-friendly manufacturing.
Serving businesses and professionals since 1897, CNA is the country’s seventh largest commercial insurance writer and the 13th largest property and casualty company. CNA’s insurance products include standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine and other property and casualty coverage. CNA’s services include risk management, information services, underwriting, risk control and claims administration. For more information, please visit CNA at www.cna.com. “CNA” is a service mark registered by CNA Financial Corporation with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Certain CNA Financial Corporation subsidiaries use the “CNA” service mark in connection with insurance underwriting and claims activities. Follow CNA on: Facebook | Twitter.
Public Relations Director,
Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, International (FMA)